Friday, June 23, 2006

Gottesfreunde. Yes, I am Gottesfreunde.

"Of all the wonderful works which God had wrought in me I was not allowed to tell a single word to anybody until the time when it should please God to reveal to a man in the Oberland to come to me. When he came to me God gave me the power to tell him everything."
-Rulman Merswin, Story of the First Four Years of a New Life, 1343

I am this 'Friend of God', this Gottesfreunde, who is there when secrets are revealed from the mouths of those who often know not what they speak. The butcher and Jew, the bike courier and bag lady, the flower vender and street sweeper, the dog that shits on the sidewalk and the pigeon that hustles for crumbs, all reveal word upon word to me. My soul is the Oberland, a receptacle - for the soul of my folk is divine and illumined with great blood from a magnificient Tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home