Saturday, June 24, 2006

"I had a sister, whom God had given me for consolation in body and soul and who was very faithful to me. By divine design she served me joyfully throughout the years and protected me from all things that could disturb me. /.../ This sister became very ill by God's design. /.../
I was with her all the time until she died. /.../ I was asked by the true Friend of God whom He had given me as a great consolation to write down for him what God had given me. It was my opinion that he himself should be the author, but that could not be. He said that I should begin it and write whatever God gave me."
-Margareta Ebner, German mystic

Margareta is that True Friend of God, just as I am that Gottesfreund. What Margareta could not say - living as she did in the 1300s - is that the Gottesfreund did not have a man's voice. What Margareta was afraid to say was that she spoke to herself - Her Self; that her solace and consolation came only from within her cherished body.

Beautiful Margareta, surrounded by female angels, do you now know that voice is your own?
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintm2y.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home